Nov 4, 2013

Holy Cow, It's November

Can you believe it? I know it's cliche' to say it feels like time is just flying by, and it makes me feel super old to do so, but...seriously. Where has 2013 gone? 

I'm already starting to make mental year-in-review lists. One such list is of the books I've read this year, which I'm pretty proud of since reading has never been my thing. I mean, I read, I'm just not one of those people who consumes books for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

That being said, I'm not going to reveal my list just yet, but I will share what I'm reading right now: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. 



Classic. I've heard so much about how transformational this book has been in the lives of some people I respect, so I'm glad I'm making time to read it now. I've read up to Habit 3.5 (meaning, I'm part of the way through Habit 4), and it's already given me so much food for thought. Anyone read it and have any thoughts they'd like to share? 

On an unrelated note, you may have noticed a lack of posts last week. Truth is, I was a slacker. An intentional slacker, but a slacker nonetheless. I took last week to do some introspection into topics like:

"Why Am I Writing This Blog?"

"What Do I Want This Blog To Be About?"

"Is It Better To Half-Ass Content That I Haven't Really Thought Through, Or To Just Not Post At All?"

Needless to say, I don't have all those questions 100% nailed down, but I feel like I'm getting closer to answering them. In the meantime, I do want to continue the trend of disciplining myself to write regularly, and to think like a writer. So I'll do my best to continue posting consistently.

Thanks for humoring me, y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment